Television - Hugh Laurie

I actually was supposed to talk about Hugh Laurie and how I like his portrayal of television persona, House, in the last post, but I got a little waylaid I think.

Anyway, I was saying first of all that I had no idea that this actor is British. It really doesn't show at all. Not a hint of a British accent. He speaks in a way that seems genuinely the manner of speaking of an American. I'm impressed.

The thing that strikes me though about this person is that he seems to step into the role of House so smoothly. I absolutely cannot imagine anyone else playing House. I mean, for me, he is House. The way he speaks, the way he moves, the facial expressions, everything, nothing seems at all out of place.

There's nothing jarring there at all to remind me that House doesn't actually exist outside of television.

No comments:

Post a Comment