Television - House writing

Another thing I like about the television show, House, is the writing. It could have easily become formulaic and dull since, well, there's actually usually a pattern to the episodes.

Someone gets sick. House and his team take a look at that person. At first, they don't know what's wrong, but then by the end of the episode, they usually do. Pattern, formula. And yet I hardly if ever find the episodes boring.

They've thrown in a few surprises. Patients have died, and the reason for the patient's sickness and subsequent death is revealed later. Doctors have made mistakes. I think I can remember an episode where Foreman killed a patient, as well as one involving Thirteen, I think.

Also, other interesting situations have taken place. I think one episode involved a hostage situation. Another one involved having to work on someone who refused to leave his house. Different settings, making for much more complicated attempts at diagnoses.

No comments:

Post a Comment